Friday, April 24, 2009

Effective Engagement in Short-term Missions: Doing it Right!



I purchased 3 of these books, one for me, one for the mission board at CBC, and one for my alma mater - TTU.
It was put out by the Evangelical Missiological Society in 2008. Basically it occurred to someone that since 1.6 million people from the North America go on short term mission trips every year, we should determine whether or not they're worth while, and if we are doing them right. 1.6 million - that number kinda blew my mind, when i heard that i thought, maybe we should all stay home one year and end something big like HIV, hunger, ADD - anyway... i'll keep you posted on what i'm learning from the book, and how i intend to make the most of my trip.

Thanks for reading (both of you)

Stephan

1 comment: