Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm GOIN!!!! (as long as i don't get hospitalized again:)

OK, it's been a crazy 11-ish months, but here is the run down
* I was suppossed to go to PNG, but went to the hospital instead, cause I was laying on the sofa for 2 weeks urinating orange gatorade looking stuff, and then my whole body got a rash, and... well thats enough,
* Doc lady said I had HIV, Cancer, and everything else under the sun (it was just like an episode of house, except no one was as clever or limpy) - as it turns out I had epstein bar virus - which is like a case of mono that lies dormant in the body
* I'm healthy, it only cost me $500 to get my ticket to the tip of Australia re-issued, and now I am currently booking my tickets to PNG, and then the various places within the jungle/island.
* I am now officially starting my campaign fund to raise support for my trip
* There is a pay pal account <---- over there you can click on. or you can call me and ask how you can help 972.786.5849
* Things to pray for: that i get all my flights and overnight stays booked (it's kinda nuts - there is a place called Tree Tops, that I'm staying in...), that the trip is safe and disease (malaria) free, and that i get to know some of the people in the tribe, while attempting to understand how I can better serve in the future among the Alamblak Tribe.

Thank you very much,

Stephan

4 comments:

  1. you are going to take malaria prophylaxis, right?

    Stephen, this is awesome. :) I can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well... i'm trying to get a hold of some yes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait, and I'm supporting....Yay :)

    ReplyDelete