Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It feels closer

I know that a week and a half ago or so when my flight from DFW to Cairns was finalized that felt close, but i just got off the phone with a lady IN australia, and that made my trip to PNG feel so close I actually had butterflies in my stomach, like i was 10 and my parents just told me that when i went to bad last night they actually put me in the car and drove all night to disney land and here we are(that never happened, but you can imagine).
Did I mention I've been trying to get to PNG for quite some time now, the anticipation is building - like a great date might. I'm pretty sure, that I have all my flights booked (dfw-lax-brisbane-cairns-port moresby-wewak, and then back ultimately, but before I go back I do have some other small puddle jumpers to catch and conoes to oar (or at least the guy i'll hire will oar).
I mentioned the other night that I'm very excited about the adventure aspect of this ( wanna be david livingstone) as well as meeting people and developing relationships.

hopefully i'll post a few more times a few more less boring details before i'm off, btw I'm reading "the mission of God:...." by christopher wright, and am loving it, its about life and the whole of scripture being about mission, for all people in all places.
Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment